Ok, so this is purely self-indulgent rambling, but I don't often go to our local traditional mall (shopping here is going more towards the outdoor malls where you just drive to the store you want, or maybe some people walk, with 2 kids I drive : ) ), but I didn't realize I was quite so out of touch. Today I saw that there was an entire hall of stores I have never heard of! When did Hollister and Abercrombie become passe? I mean those were admittedly pretty much after my time too, but I did used to go to Limited and NY & Co. Well, I suddenly realized that I am extremely unlikely to step foot in about half of the stores in the mall (Baby Gap and the Disney Store went out of business and were replaced by these newbies) because I feel ancient in there! I can only shudder and wonder what in the world the shopping will be like by the time I have teenagers. I don't know if I'll even want them to want me with them, some of those Moms looked pretty miserable ; ) Gone are the days when I can feel hip and trendy I guess. At least there's online, anonymous shopping!!
2 comments:
I love on line anonymous shopping. I hate shopping in general and if I never had to step foot in a store again I'd be great with that.
Kristy
I am right there with you. I have a very difficult time finding anything age appropriate for my two little girls to wear, so I no longer do much mall shopping. I have become quite a regular at Target! :)
CandiceS
Post a Comment