Jack calls Gavin "Brother" more often than his name. We have no idea why really, it seems like Gavin would be easier to say but I do often say things like "Cute brothers" so I guess that's why. But with his toddler-ease it comes out more like "Butter". So the last few days Gavin has replied to the calls of "Butter, Butter, where are you?" with "Here, Jelly." The smart cookie told me Jelly was a good name for him because it started with J like Jack. Then he proceeded to tell me that he would someday call baby sister "Bread". Apparently we are the sandwich family, I'm sure there's a metaphor in there somewhere but I'm too tired from this week to contemplate them right now : )
She turns 4
11 years ago



6 comments:
Excellent Choice of sandwiches!!
It is one of my personal favorites.
:)
Julie R
Awww - that is TOO cute!
So sweet! And I just read your first day of school post -- I was a teary mama too, and fully expect to be on Sept. 3, when my guys start 1st and 2nd grade. :o) Good thing Anya Rashi is waiting in the wings!
Colleen,It's great that I found your blog,our kids will be future crib mates,how sweet. Nice to "meet" you,Peanut butter and Jelly,you can't go wrong!! Gidget
I love it!!!! My kiddos are "sunshine" because Hallie is so happy in the mornings, "moonshine" because Emma loves to stay up late, and "monkeyshine" because Nathan is...well, a boy and loves to climb! My problem is I can't think of any more "shine" words for our new little boy! :)
That is too cute! I read your kindy post too and I'm glad you made it through! What a cute little kindergartener you have. Sorry I didn't get to that one sooner...it looks like our boys started the same day (also the day I left for my trip). Hope he's still enjoying school. :)
Post a Comment