Monday, October 13, 2008

WE HAVE A DAUGHTER!!!!

So remember that post I wrote last Tuesday, you know the one where I gave in to my anxiousness and impatience? Fate has a funny & ironic sense of humor! 

The next morning I was at the university teaching, it was my third and last class.  There was about fifteen minutes left in class and I posted their assigned writing prompt on the teaching overhead.  Then I did something I never do.  They were writing away and I clicked on the email button on my laptop. The first thing I saw was an email from Tami.  I was curious and opened it. She asked what a good number to call me at that day would be.  Hmmm.  I knew of several other referrals that started in similar ways. It took a second but my pulse started racing, I emailed something back (who knows if it even made sense!) and I had to step out of class for a moment.  I called Greg and tried to convince myself while I was talking to him that there must be some other reason she had to talk to me.  I concluded class and walked to my car in a daze.  I picked Jack up from the babysitter wondering.  Somehow I managed to feed Jack lunch and get him down for a nap.  Then I didn't know what to do, I watched cheesy gossipy dramas made for teenagers, but they were distracting! 

Then it came, THE phone call.  I think I was pretty calm, I was hoping and nervous, but had pretty well convinced myself it couldn't be, we still had months to wait.  We chatted about other things then she said... I have something else I want to talk to you about.  I was in shock. It WAS that phone call.

And thus began our journey to our little girl.  We now have a face and a name.  We know when she was born and how much she weighed.  We know that she smiles and tries to roll over. But we have so much more to learn about her.  We are hoping and praying that we can get her sooner rather than later, but know we have a long wait ahead still.  The hardest part begins...

Without further ado, here she is, our sweet Riyani (although we love this name we think we will likely pick another first name and use this one as a middle, but so far we're not in much agreement on the name issue!)  


15 comments:

Sara said...

Congratulations!!! Love, love, love those cheeks. So excited for your family and will be praying for a quick process!

Kristi W. said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! Yay, yay, yay, yay!!!!!!!!!! She is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited for you and will be praying, praying that your process is speedy quick so you can smooch your baby girl. She's beautiful!!!!

:) Kristi (happy dancing for you!)

Candice said...

Yeah! Wow! From #5 to a referral...just like us! It is kind of surreal when you weren't expecting one to come for a couple of months yet. Now the real planning can begin. :)

Candice

Anonymous said...

Hi Colleen!!
Oh I'm sooo excited for you and your family. She is beautiful. I can't wait to see more pictures. Our daughters are very close in age.
I hope we get to travel soon!!

Jyoti Phillips

Amy said...

OMG! What amazing news!! She is beautiful!!! So so so happy for you! What a surprise! Can't wait to see more pics!!! Now you can shop til you drop!

The Labontes said...

She is beautiful! What an amazing surprise. We'll pray for a speedy process so that little girl can come home.
Kristy

Fenwick 5 said...

Colleen,How cute,so happy for u and your family.Was it a suprise to happen this fast? I hope u get her home soon.Gidget

Shad and Maggie Alsworth said...

She is absolutely a peach!! God has amazing timing!
Praying that she comes home soon!
-Maggie

Julie & Patrick said...

Preciously chubby! Gotta love that!

Congratulations!!

Julie R

Peter and Nancy said...

Oh, I just love those huge cheeks! What an adorable daughter you have . . . and what a shock to go from #6 to your referral! Thank you, God. :o) Congratulations!
-- Nancy

Todd and Michele said...

She is beautiful! Love the cheeks and her little smurk. Hopefully the rest of the process will be amazingly speedy too.

Michele
Waiting for the judge for Dreyden (Debarpan) to come home

The Pfeiffer Family said...

Congratulations!!! Wow from #5 to a referral, God's timing is AMAZING!! Your daughter is beautiful. Looking forward to more photos and following your journey.

April #7 waiting for Alesha

Pam said...

Congrats Colleen! She is beautiful!;)

Traci said...

What a beautiful face! Congratulations! I look forward to following your journey. - Traci (#10'ish)

Sheri said...

Collen,
Your daughter is beautiful!! Congratulations!
Sheri