Thursday, March 26, 2009

A Lesson in Humility.

Well, today is the day we didn't get the call. Instead we got the dreaded email- judge wasn't there so no approval and more delay. No idea how long we will wait for another court date, it took us 7 weeks to get this one. It's funny how even though you know it's a possibility and you've mourned for others as you've seen it happen to them- you never think it's going to happen to YOU! Well, reality check, it did. We are now on the train of missed court dates- we hope it's a short one since it's a depressing ride.

So, on this "one of those days", that if I'm honest, makes me want to crawl into bed and start over again tomorrow, I've had to find strength and hope even though I didn't really want to.

I have been humbled by gentle reminders that others have had the strength and patience to follow this journey with grace and hope. For all the adoptive parents that have waited or are currently waiting I have found strength in you today!

I have also been reminded to be thankful for all the luck and blessings we have received. Love and friends and sweet little boys. And though she is not with us yet and we mourn the lost time, we have also been blessed with a sweet little girl we can't wait to get to know.

8 comments:

Fenwick 5 said...

Colleen,I understand how u feel.I have been having a hard time waiting too. I hope u get that next court date soon.Why do they miss them all the time? Gidget

Sara said...

Oh Colleen, I'm so sorry to hear this. I was hoping things over there would start kicking into gear for everyone! I'll keep praying...

Amy said...

Colleen,

I love your perspective - it is one that I am trying to maintain myself. I really hope that you are about to disembark from the train - it is no fun :(. Praying for you!

Amy T

Heather said...

You have company--we got the nasty "your case was not heard" email this morning too. Sorry...I was hoping for better news for someone else.

Heather

Julie & Patrick said...

Adoption delays are never fun. Sorry to hear of your missed date. Hopefully, better news will come soon.

Julie R

Peter and Nancy said...

I am hoping that I'm better prepared this time around for those unexpected delays . . . but I suspect it's always just as heartwrenching! We were in your shoes too, with three missed court dates -- I feel for you, and those longings to meet your beautiful girl. Hang in there . . .
-- Nancy

Pam said...

So sorry Colleen. These are hard, heartbreaking days. Hang in there, friend. I promise the wait is worth it....it's the getting there that sucks. ;)

The Pfeiffer Family said...

I am so sorry to hear about the court delayt. This process can be SO frustrating. Hoping you hear some good news soon. Praying that the judge will show up and approve these cases so these sweet babies can come home!!

April