Sunday, April 12, 2009

Update of Sorts

No real news. Some new pictures though. Thanks Jyoti!






I've been sort of semi- absent from the online world of late, partly by design and partly by chance.

Reading and thinking too much about India or the adoption world makes me a bit too emotional these days (believe it or not I haven't even bought a thing for travel or for Lia in weeks- unusual for me who finds comfort in planning!). The wait gets harder as it extends out and we try to cling to the knowledge that it will happen someday.

By sheer coincidence or perhaps by subconscious need for distraction we've thrown ourselves into all kinds of projects and activities. It's soccer season around here and as a lifelong player I am also coaching Gavin's team for the second year in a row. I've also been recruited into the PTA for Gavin's school. I have very mixed feelings about the school but ultimately decided if I want change I should be part of it (much to Greg's and even my own partial dismay since it's a big time commitment) and ultimately accepted the nomination to be on the board. It's also the end of the spring semester which for me means lots of exam designing, and grading of papers, portfolios, and presentations. We've also been paperchasing again- the homestudy update actually required more financial documents than our original homestudy due to the changes that came along with the I-800 (even though we're grandfathered into the old process, some of the new requirements for the updates carried over to us). And perhaps the biggest decision has been that we've decided to add an addition onto the house- a sunroom/playroom and covered patio- so we've been reviewing plans and making decisions with our contractor.

But I am still here and not going anywhere, still hopeful (most days) and just trying to hang in there.

10 comments:

Amy said...

I have been thinking of you and hoping you get good court news soon. Lia looks fabulous as always! I am wondering if she and Simeon are in the same crib. I am so glad that you have some things to occupy your time - it should fly by!

Kristi W. said...

Lia looks so perfect. What a little doll baby you have. :) I'm glad you've found some things to distract you during this horrid waiting...good news has to be coming any second!

Pam said...

Colleen,
I've been wondering about you! I figured you were having it rough right now. Sending you hugs and prayers!! SHE WILL COME HOME!!! Hold on to that. She will.

Shad and Maggie Alsworth said...

Hugs and prayers from all of us!!! We are in the middle of updating our homestudy right now too and it's very frustrating! Ours will expire before guardianship is granted. Lia looks good and healthy. That's a huge plus through this annoying wait for the judge! God has all of this planned out- pour your emotions into something positive for now. I really does help. The boys baseball, school projects and OM has kept my mind occupied.

Peter and Nancy said...

All this frustration will melt away the moment you have her in your arms . . . but that's not very helpful right at the moment, though. I'm glad you have lots of distractions right now, though -- that helps the time pass a little more quickly.

Your Lia Riyani is a gorgeous little girl! Hope you hear news soon,
Nancy

Sara said...

Oh, Colleen, she is just gorgeous. And looks happy and healthy, too! Hope you get good news very soon.

Julie & Patrick said...

My goodness...talk about distractions! You've got a long list of them to keep you going. Lia is so bright eyed and looks like a very happy baby!

hope your travel news comes soon!!

Julie R

The Pfeiffer Family said...

I am so glad you posted. I have been thinking about you lately and wondered if you received new pictures of Lia. She is SO adorable!! Looks like you have a lot of things going on right now that will keep you occupied why you wait. Hang in there.

April :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh, she is a cutie!

Todd and Michele said...

WOOHOO! What a gloreous day. Now bring on that passport and bring your baby home. I absolutely love her cheeks - - so kissable :{}