Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Nesting. Maybe that Will Work...

So, I've heard that "nesting" brings on labor (or at least closely precedes it). Can't say I was a huge nester before either of my sons were born (maybe because I'm not really the cleaner in the family- although I did run the automatic stove cleaner the day Jack was born...) But maybe it'll work for NOC's (hey it could be "Nesting  in Order to bring Certification"). 

We have finally decided which room will be Lia's. We weren't thrilled with any of our options (we have two big bedrooms and two really tiny bedrooms and the boys are currently in the tiny ones, we're in one of the big ones and the other we have used as a combo guest room/ playroom). We originally thought we'd put the boys in the other big room together- but they are both very attached to their rooms (see pics below), neither does particularly well with change and both of them still wake up often enough (both have occasional nightmares) that we didn't want them waking up the other. 
So Lia wins the room jackpot (I'm sure someday we'll hear about how unfair this is, but we did ask them and they thought it should be her room!). As my practical Mom did point out- girls do have more clothes so the walk-in closet will probably come in handy! But I am a little bit worried that her room will still be thought of as the playroom and oft-invaded. Here's where the nesting comes in- I am trying very hard to purge for consignment or relocate to the downstairs playroom or to the boys' rooms much of what is in there.  I say all of this so that while we're waiting for guardianship someday (please God help us be waiting for guardianship someday) you can all remind me of how much organizing I still have to do (or chuckle at the disaster I have created!) Luckily once I organize I can turn over the painting and furniture creation to my lovely husband.  Although we did score this amazing comfy recliner chair/glider at BRU last weekend for almost 70% off!!!! Can't wait to see it in there.  
And to try to counteract my whining of late (sorry about that btw), a moment of cuteness- Both boys can't wait till Gavin's winter break (in truth neither can I- I LOVE having him home even when they fight and drive me crazy sometimes, he is so much fun). Jack is a little sad every morning when the school bus comes and he says, "Butter no go bus".  This morning he was just waking up as Gavin was going out to the bus at 7 (that's sleeping in for Jack!) and was all cuddly warm in his pj's and said "Hug Butter." and then smiled his still sleepy smile "Have Good Day. Lubbyee you."  Then after Gavin left Jack pointed to one of the little ride-ons we have (they race each other around the house- it drives Greg nuts it is soooo loud). It is the only one Gavin still really fits on.  Jack smiled up at me and said "Butter's." I said, "You can ride on it, Butter isn't here."  He grinned and said "Jack's!"  Funny, funny boys. Thank God for them, they make me smile so much every day and their hugs are just the best! 

8 comments:

Sara said...

Your boys' rooms are so neat - I don't blame them for not wanting to give them up! Can't wait to see Lia's when it's done!

The Pfeiffer Family said...

Your husband did an amazing job on the boy's rooms. It would be hard to leave such a great room, I can see why they wanted to stay. Looking forward to seeing Lia's beautiful room. Glad you can smile, laugh, and hug your boys during this wait time. I can see by reading all these blogs that every single step of this process is a waiting game. Still praying for approvals, NOC's, guardianships, passports, travel, finances, you name it. Hopefully your nesting will bring on your NOC :-)

April :-)

Amy said...

Love your boy's room! My brother would have loved to have had a room like that :). Can't wait to see Lia Riyani's either! Hang in there - hope you get that NOC soon!

Julie & Patrick said...

Fun rooms!! Can't wait to see what your husband will do for a little girl!

Julie R

Candice said...

Your husband did a great job on the boys rooms! I'm glad you are finding plenty to keep you busy during the wait. It makes me so much more aware of how difficult it must be for those waiting on their first child. Merry Christmas!

Candice

Peter and Nancy said...

Wow -- Jack talks a lot for a little guy who's not even two! Those are wonderfully long sentences for his age. :o) And mighty sweet, I have to say!

Have fun designing Lia's room . . .
-- Nancy

Pam said...

How fun! Love the rooms. Hope your Nesting in Order to bring Certification works.;) Love that!

Fenwick 5 said...

Like the rooms,can't wait to see Lia's room.Nesting might bring on some movement.We were already thinking of painting too.Well we will just see....Gidget