Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Craziness! It's All a Blur!

**Update- we found out today that ICPC is done, we just need to print it out. So now we're really just waiting on passport! Yahoo!! Go North Carolina getting it done in less than a week!

Still here! I have just had too much swirling in my head to even begin to post! While this wait is infinitely easier than the wait for guardianship it has simply been overwhelming and downright crazy. The timing is odd- I have 100 papers to grade and final grade calculations to get done (and math is so not one of my strengths!) by friday. Yet all I can think about is travel planning and house preparation (yup the girl's room is STILL not done!! We bought the paint at least... somehow it will get done). So last night I stayed up till 1am- you'd think that was productive time- 5 good hours with children asleep- NOPE! I was restless and distracted and hardly got anything done (probably having 'Sex and the City' on in the background didn't help : ) and now all I have to show for it is achy legs and dark bags under my eyes! Yikes!

For those of you curious about the travel planning. Yup, we're being risky. We've gone back and forth and asked a million opinions and the best advice we got was follow your gut. Well, our hearts told us 'Get on a plane!' So we listened. Well, we're not literally getting on a plane right away but we're proceeding forward with the knowledge that we might face delays and end up in India longer than we'd planned if the passport takes more than 5 weeks (of course we'd appreciate any happy thoughts, prayers, toes & fingers crossed that all goes smoothly and this doesn't happen). We're working on an itinerary that will have us leaving the 18th (yup that's in 13 mere days, suddenly time is going too fast and too slow all at once) and returning the end of the month.

Still can't believe it's actually going to happen- I think I need to go watch Daya's homecoming video again- makes me cry and yearn for those darn steps every time!

8 comments:

Amy said...

I hope you get everything done quickly! It does come like a whirlwind! I am so glad you are traveling soon :)

I will give Lia a big squeeze from you!

Julie & Patrick said...

Let the nesting begin...with super human woman strength you will get it all done with a minute or two to spare! Travel news is always so exciting!! We were risky too...and for what it is worth...everything worked out fine :)

Happy planning and painting
Julie R

Fenwick 5 said...

I am so excited for you!! Hope you get that room done soon. You can do it Colleen,may the Lord give you strength during these last few days before the big trip:) Gidget

Shad and Maggie Alsworth said...

Praying that Lia's passport is speedy! AHHH.......I'm so excited for you!!!!

Peter and Nancy said...

This is great news!! If all else fails, leave that painting to some friends while you're in India. :o) So happy for you . . . have fun in the middle of the madness!
-- Nancy

Sara said...

Sooo exciting! I totally understand the time thing - so fast and so slow all at once. I am trying to get used to telling people a few more weeks instead of a few more months.

Kristi W. said...

Wow!!! It sounds like you have a lot on your plate right now!! Hopefully you will get it all done before you go and when you get on that plane you can breathe in a deep sigh of relief. I'm glad you enjoy Daya's video! ;) Shaili's is in the works...

I can't wait to hear all about what your meeting with Lia is like.

:) Kristi

Pam said...

Yay!!! Happy, happy news!! Can't wait to see that precious baby girl in your arms!!